The Information is one of the largest media subscription businesses, focusing on quality journalism about the technology industry and the businesses it is disrupting.
We have been recognized as a news disruptor by organizations like Vanity Fair, Business Insider and Fast Company, and our journalism has won numerous awards. We believe we are only at the beginning of this journey to deliver high-value tech and business news to professionals globally.
Today, we serve tens of thousands of paying subscribers and more than 400,000 business readers across more than 80 countries. For five-plus years, we’ve had double-digit organic growth. Now we’re looking for an experienced executive to lead all aspects of marketing and deepen our brand awareness across a broad swath of readers. This is a senior role that reports directly to our CEO.
- Drive individual subscription growth for consumer subscription business
- Expand existing performance marketing channels (email, social) to drive growth
- Identify and launch new ROI-positive performance marketing channels
- Drive qualified leads for B2B businesses, working closely with enterprise sales team
- Craft overall corporate and brand messaging
- Raise The Information’s brand awareness through digital and offline marketing as well as public relations
- Help brand The Information’s ten-plus annual events
- Work closely with the product and editorial teams on strategy
- Leverage The Information’s unique community for growth and marketing
- 8+ years of digital consumer marketing experience
- Experience successfully scaling a subscription business
- Deep familiarity with the paid acquisition landscape
- Be a skilled and sharp writer
- Experience driving large-scale successful campaigns, with clear ROI and metrics
- Experience leading a high-performing team
- A love of the hustle of news, scrappy startup environments and a competitive industry
Location: San Francisco or New York
- Competitive salary and OTE
- Company-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- Access to a 401(k)
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.