The Information is a San Francisco-based business publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a kind community of subscribers. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our business and team.
Our subscribers are our customers, the most important part of our business. We are looking for a person who will own our subscribers’ happiness from the initial point of subscription. You will be a powerful advocate that solves problems and identifies opportunities on behalf of our subscribers. As a customer success manager, you will be the primary advocate for each subscriber, guiding them along a path to success and engaging resources to accelerate our growth. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about The Information as they are about providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Manage The Information’s support channel in a positive and professional manner.
- Monitor and clearly communicate subscriber feedback to inform product decisions.
- Take ownership over and grow net promoter score.
- Conduct user interviews to better understand subscriber needs and wants.
- Manage and continue to grow our contributor (commenting) community.
- Ability and willingness to identify opportunities and take action to create value in the customer success channel.
- On-boarding and relationship management for group subscribers.
- 2+ years of customer support, customer relations or account management experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate both externally with subscribers and internally across key stakeholders within the organization.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat, professional attitude when interacting with others.
- Willingness to take ownership over projects and initiatives.
- Ability to multitask and handle various priorities.
- Experience with Zendesk, startups and subscription businesses a plus.
- Candidates should be based in San Francisco or New York City, or be willing to relocate.
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- Generous paid leave that increases over time;
- A parental leave policy for new parents;
- Access to a 401(k);
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment; and
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We'd love to hear from you.