Senior Full-Stack Engineer
The Information is a San Francisco-based business publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a kind community of subscribers. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our business and team.
The Information is looking for a passionate, product-oriented senior full-stack engineer to join our growing engineering team in San Francisco.
This job doesn't involve babysitting a CMS or adding a fraction of a percent to ad clickthrough. It's a chance to build features end-to-end that will change how people consume and discuss news in one of the fastest-paced industries in the world.
Working here means you get to choose the projects you are passionate about and be on the ground floor of a fast-growing media startup. We continuously design and build new features that are seen by an incredible community of subscribers who demand slick, polished functionality.
Further requirements include:
- 3-5 years of experience building and deploying production level web applications (preferably in a Rails environment)
- Experience leading large engineering projects with multiple team members
- Eager to contribute ideas on the product side and develop them iteratively using feedback from our stakeholders
- Willingness and desire to mentor less experienced engineers
- Ability to clearly communicate across key stakeholders within the organization
Engineering roles at The Information come with a competitive salary and the opportunity for an annual bonus.
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- A generous parental leave policy for new parents;
- Paid leave that starts at three weeks and increases over time;
- Access to a 401(k);
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment; and
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
Our staff also get the chance to contribute to open-source projects and blog about their work here.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you contribute to open-source projects on Github or elsewhere, make sure you mention and link to them in your application. We're also happy to examine your writing on StackOverflow and other engineering community sites.
We'd love to hear from you.