The Information is a San Francisco-based business publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a kind online and offline community of subscribers.
Our China bureau chief will help establish and lead our first international bureau in Beijing. You will be responsible for writing must-read stories about China's booming technology market for a highly engaged global audience of business leaders. As our bureau chief, you will have the freedom to tell stories that matter to you instead of chasing the daily news cycle. And you will have access to major executives inside and outside of China.
You will also build a team of reporters, all while learning the startup world from the inside.
- Writing must-read stories and analysis that is valued by business professionals
- Hiring and managing other The Information reporters in China
- Helping distribute The Information to readers in China through WeChat, Weibo and other products
- Hosting events in China with Chinese and Silicon Valley technology leaders
- A proven track record of ambitious business journalism, including breaking news
- Experience covering technology companies is a strong plus
- Ability to speak Mandarin and English
- Experience living in China
- Competitive salary, performance bonuses and vacation days
- Experienced and talented colleagues
- Tech-savvy newsroom
- Fun office culture
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and reporting clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.