The Information is hiring an executive to be our first head of communications, responsible for establishing The Information brand and amplifying the impact of our journalism.
Over the past six years, we have built a fast-growing and sustainable premium news business off the back of excellent journalism. Our team of 40 includes an exceptional group of award-winning journalists and senior executives who joined us from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Bloomberg, Instacart, Netflix and Spotify. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
The Information has been consistently first to major stories in technology and built a strong business and brand in digital media by going against the grain. As we expand our team—both product and editorial—we’re looking for a seasoned and high-energy leader to build greater awareness around our work.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience at an agency and is looking to take the next step in his or her career to have ownership over the entire communications strategy. This role works very closely with our CEO and is global, offering the opportunity to travel and learn about media markets in the U.S., Europe and Asia. The role can be based in San Francisco or New York.
- At least five years of experience at a PR agency or in a comparable role
- Excellent writing skills
- A passion for the news business
- The ability to know a good story and how to package it
- A desire to learn and grow their leadership responsibilities
- Relationships with outlets spanning digital, print, television, radio, podcast
- Lots of pitching hustle
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents
- Generous paid leave that increases over time
- A parental leave policy for new parents
- Commuter benefits
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org