The tech world’s focus this week will be on testimony by executives from Facebook, Google and Twitter about Russian influence on last year’s election. To help our readers sort through—and catch up on—the hours of testimony, The Information in association with POLITICO will be holding a conference call for subscribers.
The call will be moderated by The Information editor-in-chief Jessica Lessin and will feature our Facebook reporter Cory Weinberg and Politico tech policy reporter Nancy Scola.
When: Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. PT/ 4:30 p.m. ET.
Dial-in details will be sent approximately 30 minutes before the call. This call is exclusively available for subscribers to The Information (subscriptions are non-transferable). For registration details, see below.
- Impact of testimony on Honest Ads Act (S. 1989; H.R. 4077)
- What we learned about possible connections to Trump campaign
- Companies’ response to Russian propaganda arm RT
- Broader antitrust environment for tech
- Who are Colin Stretch and Kent Walker, the general counsels for Facebook and Alphabet?
- The state of each platform’s technical policing capabilities
- Unanswered questions
- Your questions