The Information is a fast-growing, thriving media startup in the heart of San Francisco. Politico called us "a well respected, scoopy journalism outfit and a must-read for many global business elites." Fortune, Vanity Fair and Digiday have also recently featured our business as an innovator in media. We’re a must-read for the most important people in technology and finance and are building a one-of-a kind community of subscribers. We have a thriving business, doubling our subscribers in the past 12 months.
The Information is looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager. If you're someone who reads tech news obsessively, loves to start a lively and interesting conversation, possesses excellent writing and editing skills and a desire to develop more skills within marketing, we'd love to hear from you. This role will own organic social media strategy for our content, events and other programs, in addition to being part of the larger marketing team and ultimately driving subscription growth. The right candidate will be able to provide and execute concrete ideas to increase engagement and affinity for The Information among a high-powered audience.
- Grow awareness and affinity for The Information among potential subscribers using social media
- Promote The Information events through social media, including live event coverage
- Manage the creation of subscriber conference calls and market them on social media
- Develop ownership of other marketing functions including community management, email marketing and building creative for marketing campaigns
- Report on social media analytics in twice-weekly meetings
- Develop and apply best practices based on prior results
- Evaluate new social media tools and platforms to ensure The Information stays ahead of the curve
- Monitor mentions across social platforms and engage with the community
- 2+ years of experience in a journalism, community management or social media role, or a relevant major
- Interest in and demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technology companies that are making news
- Strong interest in tech news, with an eye for stories with share potential
- Engaging writer who can distill complex stories into a single interesting and shareable sentence
- Extreme attention to detail
- Analytical framework for problem solving, and ability to understand social media analytics
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the times when social media demands a presence on evenings or weekends
- Strong work ethic and collaborative spirit -- this role works across multiple teams
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new things
Roles at The Information come with a competitive salary and the opportunity for an annual bonus.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents
- A generous parental leave policy for new parents
- Three weeks of paid leave every year
- A gym and fitness stipend
- A 401k plan
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’d love to hear from you.