The Information is a San Francisco-based subscription publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a-kind community of subscribers. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our business and team.
We are looking for a passionate, analytical person to join our growing business team as a business analyst. This person will be part of the team determining and building the future of The Information’s analytics and reporting suite as the business scales. You will actively participate in discussions around business strategy and provide value through your ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Actively build upon The Information’s reporting and analytics suite with the end goal of providing tools for team members to view and understand the metrics that matter the most to their team’s goals and The Information’s business.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from the marketing, product, and editorial teams to develop and maintain reporting for actionable metrics for all new features and products.
- Help develop and maintain complex financial models for both forecasting our existing business and measuring the validity of new initiatives to inform business-driven product prioritization.
- Identify, monitor and report regularly on key metrics that are leading indicators for the health of the business.
- Assist in maintaining and updating monthly budgets across various departments.
- Help CEO and team identify the data needed and build presentations for regular company all-hands meetings.
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, and/or business intelligence.
- Excel and SQL are your best friends. You enjoy writing queries and pulling information via SQL and are able to use Excel to slice and dice data to suit your purpose.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Ability to spot patterns within data and communicate key insights with confidence.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to make recommendations to senior stakeholders in a data-driven manner.
- Willingness to take ownership over projects and initiatives.
- Ability to multitask and handle various priorities, while maintaining an extreme attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- Generous paid leave that increases over time;
- A parental leave policy for new parents;
- Access to a 401(k);
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment; and
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!