The Information is a San Francisco-based subscription publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a kind community of subscribers. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our business and team.
Our subscribers are our customers, the most important part of our business. We have several companies and organizations who subscribe to The Information and we’d like to get more of these groups on-board in 2018. While we’ve had some success converting our inbound leads, there is a big opportunity to craft the strategy around how we sell and convert. With your help, we’ll make group sales an integral part of our business strategy. You’ll have big impact and be able to work with some of the most influential venture capital firms and technology companies in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Grow number of group subscriptions by driving entire sales process from inbound to closing
- Build a pipeline of potential group customers
- Assist customer success manager with relationship management for current customers and upsell new offerings
- Work with the marketing and business teams to develop communication and marketing strategy around group sales
- 3+ years of sales experience, including company or group sales
- Experience successfully growing a subscription business
- Familiarity with and interest in the technology and finance industries
- Understanding of The Information’s brand and ability to communicate our value to potential group subscribers
- Startup experience a plus
- Candidates should be based in San Francisco or be willing to relocate
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- Generous paid leave that increases over time;
- A parental leave policy for new parents;
- Access to a 401(k);
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment; and
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd love to hear from you.