The Information is a San Francisco-based subscription publication known for original, in-depth reporting about the technology industry. We’re the go-to daily read for the most important people in technology and business and are building a one-of-a-kind community of subscribers. Over 20% of our subscriber community is a founder or CEO, including Dustin Moskovitz, Julia Hartz, Chamath Palihapitiya, James Murdoch and Jonah Peretti. We have a financially healthy business, plenty of capital and big ambitions to grow our business and team. We’re looking for a growth marketing analyst to help unlock explosive growth. A quantitative mind and obsession with data and numbers is a must.
Who are you?
You are obsessed with data and believe the stories it can tell unlock the answers to the universe. You love building Excel models and running regression analysis. Discovering new cohorts makes you giddy. You sometimes feel a bit nerdy and have been known to run data projects for fun on a Friday night.
You've got a growth mindset and are continually trying to learn. Ideally, you’ve got 2-4 years experience on marketing teams and know most of the acronyms and how to calculate them: CPM, CPC, CPA, CPV, CPL, ROAS, etc.
As The Information's Growth Marketing Analyst you’ll be charged with understanding, analyzing and unlocking insights from The Information’s marketing data.
- Develop and deploy metrics and frameworks for marketing analysis across all channels including digital (Facebook, social, search, email, display, video, etc.) and offline (TV, podcasts, etc.)
- Love data. Focus intensely on analytics: dashboards, reporting, insights.
- Work with partners to efficiently grow spend and ROAS while pushing to add and scale across all channels
- Always be testing. You love and have broad experience with A/B testing, experimentation, and iteration to design, analyze and interpret marketing results.
- Data, data, data. Did we mention we’re obsessed with data-driven marketing?
- B.S. in quantitative degree (CS, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Business, Economics or related field). Advanced degree a bonus.
- 2+ years experience in web-based or mobile performance marketing
- Exceptional Excel, SQL, and data analysis skills, including a good grasp of statistics. Python/R is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Ability to translate insights from data into actionable outcomes
- Track record of independent work that meets or exceeds goals against clearly stated objectives
- Significant experience with SQL and large datasets; in-depth understanding of statistical analysis, common quant techniques like regression, etc., experiment design.
We have excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- Generous paid leave that increases over time;
- A parental leave policy for new parents;
- Access to a 401(k);
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment; and
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'd love to hear from you.