The Information is a fast-growing, thriving media startup in the heart of San Francisco. We’re a must-read for the most important people in technology and finance and are building a one-of-a kind community of subscribers. We have a thriving business, doubling our subscribers in the past 12 months. Our goal is to repeat that feat in 2017.
The Information is looking for a Social Media and Community Manager. If you're someone who reads tech news obsessively, loves to start a lively and interesting conversation, possesses excellent writing and editing skills and has a passion for building an active community, we'd love to hear from you. This role will focus on driving discussion in our community channels, owning social media strategy and building out an ambassador program, in addition to being part of the larger marketing team and ultimately driving subscription growth. The ideal person will be able to connect deeply with The Information’s highly influential subscriber base — founders from 10 of the top 11 privately-held tech companies in the U.S. subscribe — and increase engagement and affinity for The Information among a high-powered audience.
- Grow the visibility of The Information among potential subscribers using social media
- Deliver more value to existing subscribers through community features like our subscription-only Slack and our unique commenting platform
- Manage the growth and development of all community channels
- Drive subscription growth by building out a robust ambassador program and through organic social media
- Promote The Information events through social media, including live event coverage
- Report on social media and community analytics in twice-weekly meetings
- Develop and apply best practices based on prior results
- Evaluate new social media tools and platforms to ensure The Information stays ahead of the curve
- Monitoring mentions across social platforms and engaging with the community
- 3+ years of experience in a journalism, community management or social media role
- Interest in and demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technology companies that are making news
- Strong interest in tech news, with an eye for stories with share potential
- Engaging writer who can distill complex stories into a single interesting and shareable sentence
- Extreme attention to detail
- Analytical framework for problem solving, and ability to understand social media analytics
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the times when social media demands a presence on evenings or weekends
- Strong work ethic and collaborative spirit -- this role works across multiple teams
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new things
Roles at The Information come with a competitive salary and the opportunity for an annual bonus.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- Company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents;
- A generous parental leave policy for new parents;
- Three weeks of paid leave every year;
- A gym and fitness stipend;
- A 401k plan;
- Beautiful offices in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco with an outstanding view of the Bay.
If this sounds interesting, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’d love to hear from you.