The Information recently surveyed our subscriber community on trends in cloud adoption and the shift to XaaS (Anything-as-a-Service). The survey was sponsored by PwC.
Companies continue to move away from maintaining their software and hardware infrastructure on-premise to cloud based with over 80% of companies surveyed reporting they are currently using 2+ cloud infrastructure providers.
Data security and cost, particularly with the rise of flexible consumption models, were the top two considerations when selecting XaaS providers.
Companies are still split on the rate of cloud adoption and the shift to XaaS. The majority of respondents reported using 0-25% of their cloud infrastructure shifting to XaaS.
68% of organizations surveyed do not believe they have the strategic skills and capabilities to deliver on their XaaS agenda. Many companies recognize they need to be moving to XaaS cloud models, but there are still many obstacles to overcome to do so.
- 45% of organizations are using 2-3 cloud infrastructure providers.
- 59% of respondents have <50% of their cloud infrastructure under XaaS.
- 23% or respondents have 75-100% of their cloud infrastructure under XaaS.
- Top 3 Priorities in choosing XaaS providers are data security, cost and interoperability.
- 68% of organizations do not believe they have the strategic skills and capabilities to deliver on their XaaS agenda.
View results here.