Join us for a special live video call this Wednesday to discuss the latest news surrounding Uber and whether or not Uber’s recent stock rally is for real.
Joining the call:
- The Bull: Mark Mahaney, managing director covering the Internet sector at RBC Capital Markets. He has been ranked by Institutional Investor as one of the Top Analysts for the Internet Sector for the past 14 years. He has recently stated that Uber is RBC’s #1 stock for the year and that it could be the “Facebook of 2020.”
- The Bear: David Trainer, CEO of New Constructs, Wall Street veteran and corporate finance expert. He specializes in reversing accounting distortions on the underlying economics of business performance and stock valuation. David and his team have published articles focusing on the fact that Uber is losing billions of dollars of a year, its market share is declining and the company’s fundamentals don’t back up the idea that it has any real competitive advantage. And that, Facebook, unlike Uber, does have a real competitive advantage from its network effect.
- The Reporter: Amir Efrati, has broken some of the biggest scoops in ride-hailing and autonomous vehicles. His most recent coverage of Uber shows that Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi is struggling to find a formula for success and that Uber’s recent stock rally doesn’t make any sense.
They will discuss:
- Uber’s true value: will the stock continue climbing or fizzle out?
- What is Uber’s business strategy for 2020 and beyond?
- What does the rest of the ride-hailing landscape look like?
- Your questions during the live Q&A portion.
Receive out our latest exclusives, breaking news, interactive graphics and more in your inbox every morning.
Every weeknight, we'll send you our views on the day's top tech news.
Each month, our reporters discuss trending tech topics in depth exclusively with our subscribers.
Unlike other news organizations, our events are available to subscribers at no extra cost.