The Information is a fast-growing media startup in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Politico called us "a well respected, scoopy journalism outfit and a must-read for many global business elites." Fortune, Vanity Fair and Digiday have also featured our business as an innovator in media. We’re a must-read for the most important people in technology and finance and are building a one-of-a-kind community of subscribers.
The Information is looking for a Senior Event & Marketing Coordinator. The right candidate will have excellent project management skills, at least four years of event experience, and the ability to work independently and think about ways to continually grow our subscriber base through our proprietary events, which include subscriber networking events and our Subscriber Summits. Working with our Director of Events, you’ll help The Information manage its event portfolio in a strategic and scalable way.
The ideal candidate will be smart, high energy, and passionate about what we do. This role is perfect for someone who has some event experience, but wishes to take that experience to the next level with exposure to high quality events featuring A-List speakers and sponsors. Our events are exclusive ones that are limited to our subscribers only. This is not your typical tradeshow or conference event gig—our events are small and very curated.
You’ll be part of a team that builds high demand events for our subscribers. This role will involve hands-on management of a variety of types of events—from private dinners to subscriber networking events, to one-day Summits. The ideal candidate is a team player who works collaboratively with both external partners and internal teams.
In addition, you’ll work on the event marketing efforts surrounding our events—helping craft email marketing campaigns, social media graphics, event decks, signage, and other assets supporting our overall event program.
- On-going event management and support for about 12 events/year.
- Responsibilities will include tasks such as venue search, vendor procurement & management and working with event speakers and sponsors.
- In this role, you’ll work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing & Engineering teams to promote & launch events.
- Job responsibilities will also include managing speaker bios and headshots and keeping our event website up-to-date. We’re looking for someone with solid writing skills to help craft emails promoting our events to both existing subscribers and future subscribers.
- Assist with development and design of event marketing collateral, including event decks, social media graphic, event signage and other event marketing materials.
- Manage monthly subscriber conference calls.
- Plan and manage monthly team birthday celebrations, team anniversaries & activities.
- Monitor and respond to subscriber inquiries via email, social media & Slack about our events on a daily basis.
- You’ll also be responsible for post-event analysis and support, including posting photos/videos after events to our social media channels and event website, as well as conducting post-event reporting, subscriber list reconciliation and budgeting with the Director of Events.
- You’ll also support the Director of Events, working closely on the overall event strategy for both proprietary events as well as partner-led events. This is an explosive time for growth for the events team, with 2020 looking to be our biggest year for events.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years of events/marketing experience, preferably in technology, media or venture capital events.
- Proven track record of successful events execution and solid project-management skills. Attention to detail required.
- Intellectual curiosity and predisposition to creative problem-solving. A strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and manage a complex workload.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Familiarity with Eventbrite & Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid graphic design skills—ability to create PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, signage or event graphics programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs
We have excellent benefits, including company-paid health coverage for employees and their dependents, a generous parental leave policy for new parents, a 401(K) program, three weeks of paid leave every year, a gym and fitness stipend and a highly professional, inclusive, diverse workplace with a zero-tolerance policy for harassment.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco.
If you are interested in this position, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]